Here at The Light Keeper (https://www.thelightkeeper.co.uk/) we take your privacy very seriously indeed.
This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us in your trade account form or otherwise provided by yourself and also information we obtain through third party sources, including how we share it with third parties.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To administer and manage our relationship with you.
- To process orders from you for goods and services.
- To deal with any enquiries we receive from you.
- For the purposes of any corrective action (including a product recall) which may be required in respect of any of the products we supply to you.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
- To provide you with details of our product ranges, services and promotions.
- To notify you of changes to what we do.
- To make checks if necessary with credit reference agencies.
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as credit reference agencies, fraud sharing organisations and Courts, in each case within the European Economic Area and the UK.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of trading and other agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of The Light Keeper, our staff, our customers, or others.
- In response to a request from a governmental authority (including a regulator).
If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided in your trade application form from credit reference and tracing agents.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under GDPR regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
- Request us to correct inaccurate personal information;
- Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances;
- Receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party;
- Object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds;
- Object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you; and
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements and limitation periods.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via email at email@example.com